Saturday, April 5, 2008

Venting and censorship

Got into it with Eric yesterday. When he called and explained to me that the military changed their minds on, yet, ANOTHER, set of dates - I lost it. I couldn't believe that an organization could be so completely DISorganized. I think the part that I am most upset about is that I want to see my husband before he leaves the country for a year ... and it doesn't sound like I will be able to. That is hard to swallow.
So .... I went off. And pissed Eric off in the process. He said I was being unsupportive. That irritates me a bit .... how can he tell the woman that is at home with his two sons night after night, taking care of bills, contractors, the house, family, etc that she is being unsupportive.
But, I did feel bad. The phone calls that we have been able to share are going to become few and far between when he leaves for Iraq. Why do I want to waste my precious air time venting to him about the stupid military? We talk about them enough. Isn''t that why I am doing this blog - to vent without upsetting anyone?
So .... I will try from now on, to NOT be so hasty in my remarks when he calls. I cannot censor ALL of my feelings - I will just be a better judge of which ones to express and which ones to express - elsewhere.

No comments: