Thursday, April 3, 2008

Party All Nite II

Another all nighter. This one started earlier though. Put the boys down at 7:00 (Joshua had no nap at school and was a real cranky pants). Thought I might have an extra hour to watch a bit of TV, talk with Eric or just sit and veg.
Joshua went right to bed. Joseph wanted to hang out. I brought him downstairs with me and he appeared to pass out around 8:00. I brought him upstairs. I BARELY made it to the bottom stair when the screaming started.
And then the game began, again. He was an awake, alert little boy from then until 10:30. Then we had gas plain issues until 12:00. Then it was play time again. Every freaking half hour he was whining or crying. I brought him into bed with me at 1:30. He fought everything until about 2:00 .... when I finally passed out. I woke up at 4:00 and figured I would put him in his bed. BIG MISTAKE. The crying began again and I had to hold him until 5:00. I went back to bed and passed out until Joshua started yelling at me at 7:00.
I am beyond exhausted. I am so exhausted I don't even feel tired any more. God did NOT want parents to go at this alone. How do people do it? Really? I know people do every day. I know some have their families there to help, but every night? What do they do?
I remember when Joshua used to have these nights. When I felt like bashing my head into the wall, I turned to Eric to help me out. Now, I just bash my head into the wall.
I have tried everything ... taking a break, counting to ten, saying a prayer, crying ..... it all just adds up to the same stuff - I am exhausted and want help.

No comments: