Friday, April 18, 2008

Happiness

There ARE good things that happen in my life (do I just seem to write about the crappiness of it all?).
The past two days have been BEAUTIFUL. Seventy degree weather, long awaited, and MUCH loved.
We took a LONG walk to a park yesterday (those double strollers weigh a TON). Probably did a bit too much (I am VERY sore today), but, wow, what fun. Big J was a blast. Not one ounce of whining, asking for Max and Ruby or Dora, or wanting to get into something he isn't supposed to be in.
He played on the swings, slides, ladders .... he did it all. And he loved every minute of it. And as I watched him I realized that my little baby boy suddenly became my little boy ..... Its bittersweet. Even though there are times I could just send him to his room for the entire day, I love him with everything that I am. His smile melts my heart and his blue eyes show me that the future can be happy.
Oh what a trip to the park can do for someones psyche!

No comments: