Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring?!

Thank GOD the weekend weather was FINALLY what we have all been waiting for! Mid-sixties both Saturday and Sunday. I swear, I felt like a totally different person all weekend. Joshua had a hard time leaving the TV, but he got to play with some friends and I think the running around did him a lot of good.
It felt great to have the sun warm my face and to take a walk without shivering! I probably overdid the walking, etc. I keep forgetting I am still recovering from MAJOR ab surgery only three weeks ago!
I will say that I found myself getting jealous a few times this weekend. Seeing couples taking their children for walks or to lunch ... I miss my husband SO MUCH. I just want him to go and get this whole deployment thing over and done with. I want him home with me ... with us. I love him ... and I am so proud of him. But ..... walks and lunches would certainly sustain me during 3:00am, 3:30am and 4:00am wake up calls!

No comments: