Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Depressed and Irritated

Why is it that when you are depending on other people to take care of your livelihood - someone always seems to eff it up?
I get a message this morning from a case nurse at my job stating that no one received my C-section confirmation statement from the doctor and because of that, my pay was going to be suspended. Well, I spoke with ANOTHER case nurse last week who CONFIRMED that my fax was there and that my return to work date would be June 9 - 8 weeks paid and 4 weeks of unpaid FMLA.
So ... I get a call back - after MY return phone call to this lady - stating that she called my doctor and that part is fine, but my return to work date was MAY 9 (dude, I am not even going to be back from Tampa at that point!) because I had run out of FMLA?!??! WTF!!!
So, I had to correct her, like FIVE freaking times. She finally says, oh your boss hasn't approved your final 4 weeks (What does he think ... if he doesn't approve it that I will be back sooner? I have the law on my side buddy - and I am using every last minute of it!) ... and the date they had originally given me was wrong.
Now I return to work on June 4, a Thursday. This means that my LONG effing day in the office is that Friday, June 5. I don't know if I will be quite ready for that in a matter of one day! Day care by 6:45am, train by 7:00am, office by 8:30am, train by 4:57pm, day care by 6:00pm, home no sooner than 6:30pm. God HELP me! I may be burning a vacation day very quickly upon my arrival back! I thought maybe I would be able to EASE back to the dreaded office.... I guess that is a no go.
I am just totally depressed and irritated... and wondering what phone call I will get next telling me what is going wrong!
UGH!

No comments: