Thursday, April 17, 2008

Claustrophobia

Well, have now entered hour FOUR of Joseph not calming down, screaming, thrashing and going nuts.

He has eaten, his diaper is clean, he is NOT gassy. I have burped him, rocked him, walked with him. Oh dear God, if this is the start of colic... shoot me now.

I have dinner dishes sitting on the kitchen table ... that Caesar salad I ate will NEVER scrape off of my wooden bowl if I don't get to it soon. My laundry will surely start to smell if I don't get it into the drier soon.

These are the times that I start to feel the walls closing in around me. It gets hard to breathe. I feel the panic welling up in my throat.

Can I please just catch a break a few a good nights in a row?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my.... I'm so sorry! I don't know what I can do to help, but as always please let me know if I can! Maybe he just needs a good old fashioned grandma hug :) that always made ME feel better!