Monday, March 31, 2008

A weekend reflection

The weekend has past. It was a good one - but also a hard one. Had a lot of company both Friday and Saturday ..... but Sunday I was on my own completely. I broke down around 5 .... bath time for Joshua. Had him in the tub, Joseph was screaming, I was still feeling miserable. I just wanted to quit. All I could keep thinking was - I have to do this all on my own for over a year????? Then Joseph was up from 7 till midnight with stomach pains ..... I just cried at one point. What I wouldn't have done to have ONE person call and say "What can I do for you?" because it would have FINALLY been a time that I would have said "I need help." Ugh ... once again, I wonder where some of those "helpful" people are now that the shock has worn off from all the news.
I know it will get easier, doesn't it have to? But right now, I am just not able to clear the fog from my eyes and see a silver lining. I am tired, I am beat, I am overwhelmed. But - I will push on. I have to.
Joshua went to school today ... he hated every second of the drop off ... I literally had to peel him off of my leg. As much as I felt bad for him, I knew he needed a break as much as I do! I plan on getting a nap in at some point this afternoon .... the house is clean, the laundry is done so I am hitting the couch and watching (hopefully) a bit of the Cubs opener.
Speaking of the Cubs .... we finally made it to Opening Day! Don't know if they will get the game in because of the thunderstorms (thank God it isn't snow!). I can handle it!!!! Maybe this will be the year.

No comments: