Monday, March 10, 2008

I will give it a whirl...

OK - so a girlfriend gave me an idea ... while my husband was deployed, start writing a journal that he could read to keep up with life at home.

I have my 2 1/2 year old son, and our second child is scheduled, via C-section, to show his face this Friday afternoon. So .... Here is my attempt at this 2008 version of a diary.

I happened to be cleaning the other day and found all of my old diaries ... read a few entries. Sometimes, as much as life changes, life stays the same. I am still the same dreamer and hopeful person now, that I was 16 years ago!

I am currently feeling anxious about Friday .... my Mom and Dad fly into town on Thursday afternoon. Eric, my husband, is due in that night. This baby MUST wait until then. Every funny stretch, pull, twinge, tickle that I feel - my mind jumps to overload. What was that? Am I in labor? Holy Crap - who do I call now? Then I calm down and all is right with the world again.

I am waiting for Big J to wake up from his early nap - what a BRAT he was this morning - they need to put day cares in the center of grocery stores! We are then going to go get some Shamrock shakes (yes - I am allowing myself to eat this for lunch ... I deliver a baby on Friday ... what do I care what I eat this week?!?!?!??!) and then I am off to work .... yippee.

1 comment:

bucs33 said...

I had a shamrock shake this week and it was great!!!!!!!! don't worry everything will be ok!