Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Boys that Have been in My life:

1. Clay - the boy we had to carpool with in 1st grade. He carried a Kiss lunchbox and talked too much. I didn't like boys very much after talking with him.

2. Chris- the boy that moved next door in 7th grade. I had the world's biggest crush on him until high school .. once I got a serious boyfriend, he suddenly wanted to pay attention to me!

3. Joe- my first date (although my dad had to drive). Met him my freshman year of high school, talked to him every night by phone for at LEAST 2 hours and took him to my turnabout dance. He was a huge metal fan and we used to watch Headbangers Ball "together" over the phone every Saturday night.

4. Mike - my first "real" date and kiss my Sophomore year. He drove, we went to a movie and he parked his car so he could kiss me. He kissed like a lizard .... that was our first and last date.

5. Brian - my first love. I met him the summer before my Junior year and we were attached at the hip. He was a Senior and left for college. He broke up with me after a year and broke my heart into thousands of pieces.

6. Kevin- was a friend before we dated. He left for the Navy in my Senior year ... we dated whenever he came back to town.

7. Brian - a blonde hair, blue eyed surfer wanna be who took me out on a date two weeks before we were moving out of state. We messed around while watching "The Doors". He kissed so oddly - I ended up with a raw spot over my lip .... but he sure was cute!

8. Ryan - my first Florida boy. Big player. Cute but dangerous.

9. Joe - a rugby player that I look back on and question my judgement. He wouldn't leave me alone after I tried to dump him .... had to lie and tell him I talked with my high school sweetheart (Brian) and we were going to get married .... he finally left me alone!

10. Steve - the alcoholic boy I dated my last two years of college. All he ever wanted to do was drink and party .... but suddenly wanted to get romantic when I was breaking up with him.

11. Rick - the single Dad that proposed way too quickly and then changed his mind. He was skinnier than a girl ... actually bought dress pants in the kids section and he wanted to own the business before he ever swept the floor.

12. Stephen - a good looking guy with a heart of stone. Emotionally abusive and a manipulator. Thankfully I never did anything permanent with him ... I always said if you wanted to picture him, just watch the movie Sleeping with the Enemy and you would know him easily.

13. Eric - my husband. Met him, moved in with him, fought with him, married him, had children with him, watched him be taken away my the US Army, miss him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list!!

Anonymous said...

Great list for TT! Hope you can visit my site got an awards waiting for all thursday thirteeners... Happy TT!

Open Grove Claudia said...

I bet you miss your husband. I hope you are able to find things to sustain yourself. Military wives are always the true heroes.

Happy TT

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Great idea for a TT list!

You, your husband, and your kids will be in my prayers. Thank you both for the sacrifices you are making for the rest of us.