Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Home at last

Baby Joseph William has arrived. ON TIME - Thank God! My nerves really kicked into high gear right before we were due to go "under the knife" .... next time (don't plan on THAT being any time soon ... God built perfect birth control in for me ... my husband is deployed!) I am going to make sure I ask for some type of anti anxiety drip in my IV!
But - anxiety none the less - Joseph got here at 1:36 on March 14 weighing 7 lbs 5 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. He had a full head of light brown hair and from the first moment, has been a calm little baby.
I am SO happy to be home from the hospital, I cannot even begin to describe it in words! They tell you to get sleep - but they come check you every three hours. Rules about were you can hold your baby, how you can hold your baby ..... ugh. Let me go home, be comfortable and be a MOM!
The pain still exists. I am heavily bruised this time. ????? That is what hurts the most. I look like I have been in a front end collision!
Thankfully my Mom and Dad are here helping with Joshua ... who has actually TOUCHED and HELD baby Joseph.... and are doting on me incredibly.
I am not too tired .... sad that Eric is gone (none of this seems right without him). He was incredible this weekend. I was really able to lean on him on Friday. He was completely there. He brought me a bouquet of the most beautiful red and pink roses, with my fave, gerbera daisies added in. He bonded with Joseph and took care of things at the house. He is my hero and I love him ..... and miss him.
Hopefully I will upload a few pics in later of our new family ....... I am off to feed a child!

No comments: