Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Government, God and other Thoughts

So, I normally don't like to express my political/religious views to all .... Lately we have all lost respect for one another and if my views differ from yours, the attacks start to fly.

BUT, I believe strongly about many issues and I guess I am tired of being the one who must be quiet while I listen to everyone else rant about what THEY believe (and usually my views are the ones they are ranting about or attacking).

I HATE abortion. I don't support gay marriage. I think prayer belongs BACK in school, and in our government and in our work place. I don't think it is fair that my sons have to take of their baseball hats and shoes in an airport, while a Muslim can leave his turban on his head because of his "religious" protection.

Where has our America gone?Where has RESPECT for one another gone? Do I truly want a man in office that his lead by a racist church with fundamentals that do even come CLOSE to what MY God would want to acknowledge????? Do I want a woman in office that won't allow a military uniform to be inside the White House, or that wants to respect gay marriage while countless babies are discarded and disrespected every day?

Do I think Bush is the greatest? No .. I don't. BUT, he is my President, and for that, he deserves respect. It is NOT his fault that my husband is away in Iraq. THINK people. Blame the TRUE evil doers. Bin Laden, Hussein .... weren't THEY the ones who used OUR people as weapons????? Should we STILL be there? I am not smart enough to say. But, what I do know is that sometimes I get so sad when I look around at America and think about how my Grandpas would feel when they see what our priorities are. This isn't the country that they fought for. It isn't the country that my husband is fighting for.

I hope that someday we start teaching our children where to place their values. Start making them WORK for a living. Start earning the respect of their elders, their teachers, their parents. Quit letting them think that the world OWES them something, just for being here. God gave us two hands ... let's use them for work and good!!!

I found this blog entry extremely interesting .. and I agree with almost all of it.

http://www.mancow.com/blog?categoryID=1

OK ... I will end my "out of the ordinary" rant. Guess I needed to vent (something I would normally do with Eric at the dinner table).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you know I agree with everything you've said... but... I just have to ask...WHAT were you doing reading Mancow's blog? LOL. I don't like Mancow, but I do like his political views most of the time because he does make good sense.