Saturday, May 31, 2008

High school, again?!??!?!?!

I graduated high school 16 years ago. When I left, I assumed I was leaving all of the "high school" crap with it.
Apparently, I was wrong. I have had many "friends," coworkers, family members, STILL living in their high school days ... if they aren't, then they haven't left the high school crap with them.

Where am I leading with this? Well, for over two years I have been involved in a Supper Club group ... we cook, hang out, DRINK, have loads of fun. The ladies are all different ages, backgrounds, etc ... there were 6 of us.

On Thursday afternoon, we suddenly get an email from one of the ladies - the host of the next dinner, none the less - saying that she quit. Period. No explanation, nothing. A 50 year old woman cannot "man-up" and wait until she is in front of her "so called friends" to tell them she is ending her friendship with them??

OK ... so we can have a group with 5, and in the meantime we would search for a new member.

I log onto my email last night before I went to bed. ANOTHER effing email from ANOTHER lady saying that it was "time to bow out" .... WTF?????????????

Grow the eff up and TALK to your friends when you are face to face ... don't hide behind your stinking computer screens!!!!!!!!

I was told a LONG time ago to never start, end or discuss friendships, business, etc on email ..... it goes all wrong.

Whatever. Both of these women were over the age of 40 and had clues (so I think).

Now I am pissed. I looked forward to these supper club nights. I planned babysitters .... it was something I could look forward to every month - especially since Eric has been gone.

Guess I should pull out my yearbook and revisit bad mall bangs ... I have entered high school crap once again.

No comments: