Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The past few weeks

If ever time has flown by, it has certainly been the past 4 weeks. It seems like JUST yesterday I was waiting to go to Florida ... and now, I am home, E has come and gone and reality is smacking me in the face.
Florida WAS great. The first week I was there we were busy getting ready for Jessica's wedding. Lots of running around and helping my Mom, but I made sure to get in the pool every day with Big J and even had some time to go get a pedicure with my Mom. Dad never let a happy hour pass us by - so all in all it was a GREAT start to my "vacation."
The wedding festivities were lots of fun ... busy and chaotic ... but fun. The boys behaved SO well ... all of my worry was all for not! Big J helped everyone and even fell asleep during the reception. I did have a lot of hands to help with things ... but I was so proud of them.
My sister looked beautiful and the wedding was gorgeous ... from the programs to the candy buffet she designed. There were a few minor glitches - a groomsman decided to be a lame-ass and start a fight (Dad had to have him kicked out) and she realized she had left her tiara and jewelry back home while we were getting ready that day! But - all things were salvaged and I must say .... the three of us are married off and we all did it with class and beauty!





I got back last Tuesday night - my Mom came back until Saturday morning. We shopped and hung out - it was so awesome to have here here! She was able to watch the boys on Friday night so E and I could go to dinner on our own. THAT was nice. We haven't done that in MONTHS.

E and I took the boys in for family pictures on Saturday. They turned out great - but my lasting impression was I NEED TO LOSE SOME MAJOR WEIGHT!!!!!!!!

He left yesterday. My heart broke. I could hardly let him go when we were at the airport. He is going to be so far away for so long. Can I do this? I don't WANT to... at all.







No comments: