Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 Foods I HATE (In honor of last week):

1. Goat Cheese - OMG - I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how much I detest this stuff. And stupidly, I ALWAYS give it one more dry ... and every time, it tastes like I put wet, dirty socks into my mouth!!!!

2. Canned Peas - I love fresh peas, snow peas, pea pods ... but peas in a can? The smell alone can send me running. I couldn't even feed baby food peas to my son ... the smell killed me!

3. Okra - what gives with this stuff? Any time I have had it is is nothing but stringy and gross!

4. Edamame - I have NO clue what people see in this stuff. You call it a snack?!?!??!?! Um .... chips, nuts, pretzels ... THOSE are snacks!!!!! Soy beans - or what ever these suckers are? GROSS!!!!

5. Taco Bell - I know, I know. Some people LIVE for this stuff. I used to in college too ... but suddenly it just started tasting like - crappy Mexican food.

6. Liver- Enough said

7. Pork rinds - I had a friend that ate them all the time ... anything that smelled THAT bad could NOT taste good!

8. Tapioca Pudding - It has "things" in it .... gross.

9. Rhubarb - They make pies with this stuff ... I tried to once - I threw the entire plan away!

10. Couscous - I have just never found it to taste even REMOTELY good .... I have cooked it, bought it already made ... all kinds of ways. I always end up just dumping it out.

11. Creamed spinach - I love spinach; but creaming this vegetable is a crime. Yuck.

12. Minced meat pie - What IS it? It smelled like feet.

13. Black licorice - eeewwww (I think it has to do with the very last shot I did on my 21st birthday - Jager bombs - I am gagging just thinking about it).

2 comments:

Gina said...

Thank you for the comment and introducing me to your blog! I can't wait to read it.

Anonymous said...

I heart goat cheese! We had a 3-cheese pizza at Wolfgang Puck's (O'Hare) and it had goat cheese right on top. I laughed as I told Kevin "Lisa hates this stuff" and he laughed. We just don't get it :) But I DO understand black licorice. EW.